Surveys & Survey Templates
According to the implementation manual, grantees could use surveys to collect their performance measure data.
Survey Templates Available
The EMSC Program created a set of surveys for each of the performance measures listed below:
- Measure 71 – On-line Medical Direction for Pediatric Patients
- Measure 72 – Off-line Medical Direction for Pediatric Patients
- Measure 73 – Essential Pediatric Equipment for EMS Agencies
- Measure 76* – Inter-facility Transfer Guidelines with EMSC Components for Critically Ill and Injured Pediatric Patients
- Measure 77* – Inter-facility Transfer Agreements for Critically Ill and Injured Pediatric Patients
The survey instrument was tested and piloted. All states were required to use the EMSC Program survey templates UNLESS they were approved by HRSA to collect data using an alternate method.
Acquiring the Approved EMSC Survey Templates
EMSC grantees, if they chose to collect data via a survey, are required to use the EMSC Program approved survey instrument. Grantees should contact their NEDARC representative who can provide them with the survey template.
*Data for performance measures 76 & 77 will be collected as part of the Pediatric Readiness Project Assessment.